6.7.09

eureka springs arkansas

I had a good time in Eureka Springs, Arkansas this past weekend. The roads are winding in every way and the landscape looks like fields of giant broccoli. The seven hour drive was meditative and the weather was a lot cooler than in Texas. It is a land full of biker friendly diners, antique shops, hotels and bars. I sang karaoke two nights in a row and stayed at a "haunted" hotel that had a great view from the balcony. Although I did not experience any ghostly encounters, the architecture was vintage and the creeking floors were a creepy addition. In my drunken evening, I thought I heard someone walking the stairwell and when I looked around the corner there was nobody there. Photos were taken at the gift shops of old toys and nick knacks that would give a dog a bone.

No comments: